Thursday, January 22, 2015

Gorgeous Gingerbread Cookies

I for one love gingerbread, and it has got to be my favorite type of cookie to eat. It gets me all in the wintertime mood! Every time I make them I just want to curl up by the fire with a blanket and a cup of hot cocoa and ill be good for the winter. Traditionally I make these cookies with my grandma every year but this time I was all on my own. So first my recipe called for;
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2(1 stick) cup of butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup molasses
3 1/2 cups of flour
1/4 cup of applesauce
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
 First I creamed the sugar, molasses, applesauce and butter until it was fully combined. Then I mixed together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into my creamed mixture with a spoon or spatula. Once all combined I wrapped up my dough in plastic wrap to place in the refrigerator to sit for at least 1 hour.
After about an hour I pinched little bits off of my dough to roll up and place onto my cookie sheets to bake for 10-15 minutes. They turned out to expand quite a lot when cooking, so I would advise to space out the cookies quite a lot.
 In the end these cookies definitely had the most ingredients and work put into them to bake, but it was worth the wait! They turned out to be a good birthday presents to one of my friends and they said they were great! It definitely got me into the wintery mood. What's your favorite food to make in the Winter time?
Works Cited:
Deen, Paula H. Christmas with Paula Deen: Recipes and Stories from My Favorite Holiday. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2007. Print.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment