Since I was on such a role with the chocolate chip mug cookie I decided to make brownies in a mug! Brownies are the all time best desert so I thought I should give it a shot. Ingredients-
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
I grabbed my mug, put my butter in it and melted it in the microwave. I then added all my sugars, cocoa powder, egg yolk and whisked together with a fork. Then I added all my other ingredients except the chocolate chips and blended those together. I folded in my chocolate chips and sprinkled a thin layer of them on top. I put them in the microwave on medium for 50 seconds on medium. Finally I let it cool for two minutes and dug in (:This tasted really good! The melted chocolate on top made it so much better! I cooked it on medium this time and this helped a lot with taste and texture.
Sources: Sinclair, Mima, and Tara Fisher. Mug Cakes. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.
This looks really good! Good post! I've never tried or even heard of mug cakes before but now you're making me crave them lol. Well, good luck on your next post!
ReplyDeleteThank you Calvin! They are a new trend that a lot of people of all ages are into! Hahah they are super good! Thanks! Good luck to you too!
DeleteI have found with cakes or bread like textures when microwaving them if they get heated too quickly or for too long when they cool they harden and leave a difficult texture eat. That being said cooking it at a lower temperature for longer is a better option most of the time (when looking at cake and breads) and I'm glad it helped you get a better result!
ReplyDeleteYes they taste way better on a lower temperature! If they are on high they become very spongy in a way, it's gross. Thanks for the comment good luck on your blog
Delete