I chose to first try the "Crown and Glory" hairstyle because author Kylee Bond states: "This urban hippie version of half-up hair looks like you've put effort into your look yet not stood in the mirror for hours adjusting every hair until each strand is perfect. This no-fuss fashion is good for most any hair type" (Bond 154).
The only tools needed for this hairstyle were bobby pins and/or hairpins, clear elastic bands, clips, curling iron/wand (optional), and defining paste (I substituted for hairspray in this case). I decided to do this hairstyle on my sister's hair today because I thought it would be easier to try on someone else first.
The first steps of the instructions had the reader curl the hair first. I chose not to do this, simply due to time - to see if this hairstyle would be compatible if time did not allow for curling. Step 5 is where I started. It said to part the sections in the front of the hair.
Next, steps 6-8 showed me how to braid the hair on each side and in what direction.
Steps 9-10 completed the process by showing how to pin the hair back to create the full hair-do. All done in 12 minutes!
Overall, I really like the way this hairstyle worked out and I think it was completed successfully. I bet this hairstyle could work on any type of hair, and could work for many different types of people. I can see myself doing this again and would recommend it to girls who need a fast and easy hairstyle that they can do in the mornings if they feel like jazzing things up a bit :)
What other easy hairstyles do you have that are fast, easy, and put together all in one?
Citation:
Bond, Kylee. Idiot's Guides - Hairstyles. New York: Mike Saunders, 2014. Print.





Hey Hailey,
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your blog post, you've inspired me to try a little harder in the morning knowing now that it isn't so hard to look presentable even when you don't have much time. I'll probably end up trying this look out sometime because it seems super fast and simple. To answer your question, some hairstyles I like to wear are two French braids, a side braid, or a messy bun. All are pretty simple and super cute.
Thanks,
Alyssa Oord
Wow Hailey! Every single hairstyle you do always looks so amazing. I will definitely try this style after seeing how great it looked when you did it! I really enjoy this book we both have!:)
ReplyDeleteGoing back to your question, I think that the regular side braid fits this category for me the most! It's so easy, yet it looks like you still put effort into! Keep up the good work!