The main components of the "doo" consisted of peanut butter, chocolate syrup, flour, and sugar. After mixing the ingredients all together, I had to form the shape of the "doo." As warned, I also had to be careful about where I put the "doo" for fear that it might cause a larger mess than I would like to happen. But, you also have to pick a place in which the "doggie doo-doo" would be noticed immediately (Winterbottom 53)
| "Doggie Doo-Doo" |
The following step would be the placement of the poo, so I learned that there were two areas in which I would get surefire results; the bathroom and the front door (Winterbottom 53). My intended targets were my mother, mainly because her reactions are the greatest, and my brother, who wouldn't care at all if he were pranked. When picking out targets, Winterbottom advises that you should choose your victim carefully, taking into thought that "someone who has a sense of humor and can't flunk you is a good general rule. Avoid school principals, police officers, or your mother on the day she has gotten a bad haircut and discovers the cat threw up all over the sofa," (Winterbottom xiii). My mother didn't have a bad today so why not?!
The next and final step would by far be the easiest; the reaction. All I had to do was sit at the kitchen table and do my homework while I waited for my mother to come home from running a few errands. When I heard our car coming up our driveway and my mom unlocking the door, I knew it was showtime. I waited at the kitchen table, doing "math" as my mother walked through the front door expecting a perfectly normal household. But she should know better.
The "Doggie Doo-Doo" prank was a complete success!! My mother stood there looking down at the "doo" with a sour expression until she started shouting, "MOMO DID YOU DO THIS??!" Reading through this book, I discovered that it's important to "keep a straight face...It takes some acting skills to be an effective prankster...," (Winterbottom xii). I would like to say that I held in my laughs but it was pretty hard not to. I'll definitely need to improve on that next time. Although I was unable to get any results from my brother (he never left his room once), I would consider my prank a success. Fortunately, it did not destroy the good relationship I had with my mother and am already looking forward to the next prank I'm going to pull this quarter :).
Have you ever ruined your relationship with anybody because of a simple practical joke?
Citation:
Winterbottom, Julie. Pranklopedia. New York: Workman, 2013. Print.

Very well planned prank. Love the reaction! Looks like all of your work paid off super well! I think it's super cool how realistic the 'poo' looks, considering the ingredients. :)
ReplyDelete