Thirty pages later into the book, I found my answer. I was interested to read yoga can help with body confidence and grounding (Woodhall and Sattin 70). I decided to try out some of the yoga poses myself that were recommended for teens. These poses are specifically suppose to help release tension and increase body confidence (Woodhall and Sattin 70). Before I got excited and jumped right into the exercise I made sure to take certain precautions because I was still a beginner. Such as eating a while before I began, "Ideally eating nothing two hours beforehand, and then only something light, and come well hydrated" (Woodhall and Sattin 38). Another big tip is not to wear socks. Being a gymnast you would think I wouldn't wear socks to do yoga, but I usually did before I read this tip, even my mom was surprised when I told her. Preferably "...practice barefoot in order to prevent slipping and get the full use of our feet" (Woodhall and Sattin 39). Now let's see how the poses turned out!
Wheel
Scorpion
Shoulder Stand
Within a few days of conducting the same poses, I was pleased with the stunning results. I can definitely confirm that the yoga poses have left me feeling more relaxed and confident. Encouraging me to believe that yoga is an interesting sport that I am thinking to explore deeply in over the next few months. Yoga is similar to gymnastics in certain aspects which makes it a plus for me, it is also different. But overall, thanks to yoga I am feeling a whole lot different than I was before I started, even a feeling gymnastics couldn't give me.
Question:
Was there a point in your life where you had to change gears from what you originally intended? If so, what was it and explain?
Citation:
Woodhall, Victoria and Sattin, Jonathan. Everyone Try Yoga: Finding Your Yoga Fit. London: Kyle Books, 2013. Print.



Hey Eldana! To answer your question I have never really had a moment in my life where my life changed so much that it impacted my life. I really love your post though, I really like how in the beginning you explain a little bit about your self and a little about your life. I think that yoga is a really great thing to do. In fact right now I'm taking a sports medicine class and my teacher really loves yoga and encourages it, for all students(teens). She also says that its good for all ages, and there are so many different types of yoga that anyone could do which ever one looks the most appealing to them. One pose that I would really like to try would be the wheel since my back isn't the greatest it could be. I really hope that I can start doing more yoga. Thanks for introducing something that could make my life much healthier and better! Thank you!
ReplyDelete