As I knew that it is very hard to change your life for the greatest good overnight, I wanted to start with a small change that can make a very large difference in my future. This was the idea of investing in stocks. To be honest, my goal in life is to be a better person than my mother in everyway possible. My mother is the person that I look up to most in my life as I strive to be more and more like her everyday. I had gotten the idea to invest in the stock market from my mother a few months ago, but had never decided to take the initiative and actually go back to her to get help setting up an account. So I decided to bring back up the topic. She was thrilled with my decision and told me she can help me set up an account after school this week in order to help me reach my goal. Another change I added into my way of life is my role and affects of my teammates on the basketball team. Normally I keep to myself and occasionally yell at my teammates if they are messing up. Yeah it may make me sound kind of mean, but I do it in the nicest way possible. Today I made a change. It was the first of the week and I knew the team may be a little rusty. As we ran through our plays, I gave encouragement as well as helped those who seemed lost in what they were doing. I chose to make these changes because I knew that even though it may not seem as if I will benefit me, I know it will benefit the team in the long run.
Now that I have read part of my book, I notice that by me putting things off and not taking the initiative, I will not be able to get the most out of my life before my time is up.
By reading only a small part of this book, I have already noticed a change in my lifestyle. I am no longer living with regrets and am striving to be as close to perfect as a person as I can be on the basketball court as well as in the real world. I want to positively affect the population in as many ways as possible. This is why I have made these changes not only to my lifestyle but in the way I carry myself.My question to you is; what are YOU doing that will allow you to maximize the time you have left on the planet?
Citation:
Smith, Robert D. 20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course for Mastering Your Life Right Now. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2012. Print.

No comments:
Post a Comment