Recently, I’ve been wanting to improve my diet. Since I’m
not too into cooking big meals I like to have little quick things that I can snack
on after school. But as I’ve gotten older I have realized that I don’t have
much time to make healthy snacks, since some take so much time and also many ingredients.
Some of us are also very busy at times, with sports or jobs which is why we
need something nutritious and quick. That’s why I’ve been trying to find easy, quick
and healthy things that I can make. To become a fit person without worrying
about time consuming meals.
In the book, Be Good to Your Body--Healthy Eating and Fun Recipes by Roz Fulcher.
The author gives the reader quick, easy, and healthy recipes. This book is originally
for young children, but the reason I like this book is because the food takes a
minimum amount of time to prepare, and it is healthy. The food doesn’t take
much time at all, I made my snack in less than 5 minutes. I only had to use
three ingredients, which is also a huge money saver! The snack is filled with
great nutritious benefits, and tasted yummy!
This book is not only filled with
great recipes but also information about what you’re eating and interesting
facts about many different foods:
"Celery is rich in vitamin C." (Fulcher 42)
"Celery also lowers cholesterol and reduces high blood pressure." (Fulcher 42)
The author also explains that there can be variations to the ingredients, such as replacing the raisins ("Ants") with cranberries. (Fulcher 36)
To Make "Ants on a Log":
Materials:
butter knife, peanut butter, raisins, a least to stalks of celery
Directions:
4. Place the raisins onto the peanut butter
5. Enjoy your YUMMY snack!
I truly did enjoy this snack! I think this is a very simple recipe that's healthy. This will also give me the nutrients that I need and the time saving that I need in my schedule. I'm hoping to discover more recipes to help me live a healthier life, and this recipe had defiantly boosted my confidence!
Question: Has there been a point in life where you've wanted to become healthier and struggled to do so? If, so what were the struggles and how could you over come them?
Citation: Fulcher, Roz. Be Good to Your Body--Healthy Eating and Fun Recipes. Mineola, New York. Dover Publications; Act Csm edition. 2013. Print.
Hi Pj!
ReplyDeleteWow, these look delicious. To be honest, every time I try to be healthy, I just get lazy and procrastinate. I feel like such an easy snack will allow me to just do it quickly and actually feel healthy after that. These snack seem to be a fantastic snack to just make and go. A great snack for teenagers like us who always seem to have something going on. I will make sure to try and make this snack as soon as I can. Thanks for the great recipe Pj!
Hey Prabjot!
ReplyDeleteThis is so relatable. I also don't like cooking big meals because they take too much time that I just don't have. This snack is perfect for days when I am hungry but don't have any time to cook. It is also very simple and easy to do, which everyone loves. Another thing is, when you said this book was meant for younger kids, it reminded me of when I was a child because I ate snacks similar to this. To answer your question, no I haven't really struggled with trying to become healthy. I am a more balanced person so I have some unhealthy food and healthy food here and there. But some ways I can get healthier is switching unhealthy foods with different alternatives that can still be tasty. I do this often, like for snack instead of eating chips I will eat yogurt instead.