The batter was a bit dry however, so I added a little bit of milk to help it be moist and make it easier to mix "Boil the potato and mash it, adding a little milk if required" (Song pg. 79) when everything was ready I heated up my pan that had oil covering the top of the pan, so I could pan fry the batter. I was scared that the tofu would burn before the batter was cooked but I was proven wrong because after I cooked it everything was still good.
I usually can't pan fry anything besides eggs, but these turned out pretty good. Sadly I made a huge mistake if putting 1 table spoon of salt because I thought the book had told me to put that much, so in the end it was very salty and that made me salty since I spent a lot of time making this but in the end I couldn't have my late night snack. So guys lessened learned the first one is when you think the book says table spoon just put a tea spoon (or read the directions better), especially when the batch wasn't that much the second lesson is that when you have dry smashed boiled potatoes use milk to make it moist and easier to use.
So guy's what different tricks/ hacks do you guys know in cooking? Please comment down below! :D
Song, Young Jin. The Food & Cooking of Korea. London: Lorenz, 2007. Print.



Hey Nikki! I'm sorry your fritters ended up being too salty! My Korean friend Joann has actually made me kimchi fritterrs before and i loved the taste! A helpful tip is DEFINITELY to throughly read the instructions to get the correct measurements for your ingredients. In general, salt is used to enhance flavor and not become it's own flavor, so you can typically assume that unless you are making a large portion of food that 1TB of salt is too much. Personally i love the taste of these fritters and think you should give them another try, following the recipe this time. But to each their own. Good luck on your cooking in the future!
ReplyDelete