This second blog post that I'm sharing with you is along the same lines as what I did last time, but actually even more simple and easy! This hairstyle is called the "Braided Fringe" hairstyle because Kylee Bond states: "the Braided Fringe gives her (the girl in the picture) hair a bit more style while it keeps those stray hairs in check" (Bond 242).
There is a minimal amount of tools needed for this hairstyle. The list includes clear elastic bands, clips (optional), hairspray (optional), and combed out hair. I chose to do this hairstyle today because it looked super quick, and my sister only had a few minutes before she had to go to a friend's house.
The first steps listed said to clip all of the remaining hair out of the way, and to leave a parted section out. I followed the pictures and completed this step.
Next, the next few steps instructed me to French braid the hair using all of the parted section. I already knew how to French braid, and also knew how to Dutch braid, so I decided to add my own flare to this idea by doing a Dutch braid instead of a French one.
Lastly, I tied a clear hair tie at the bottom of the braid and I let the rest of my sister's hair down and completed the look as instructed!
Overall, I really enjoyed this hairstyle because it was extremely easy and looked like I put a lot of work and time into it. My sister also really enjoyed it and wants to start wearing it to school! I think if I were to do this again I'd try not braiding the hair all the way down to the bottom, but instead ending it higher up towards her head and maybe curling the hair. I definitely recommend this to girls who know how to French/Dutch braid and who need to spice up their easy and quick hair-do's in the mornings :)
Citation:
Bond, Kylee. Idiot's Guides - Hairstyles. New
York: Mike Saunders, 2014. Print.
This turned out so good! I am reading the same book and I cannot wait to try this hairstyle again, because the first time I tried without the book it didn't look so good! After looking at yours I'm very excited to see if my attempt will turn out as great as yours!:)
ReplyDelete