After pulling the Doggie Doo-Doo Prank, I realized that it was crucial that I put some space in-between pranks. It is recommended that I space out pranks; otherwise people won't fall for the pranks later on (Winterbottom xii). As well as spacing my pranks out, I have to be considerate in who I pranked next. If I keep on pranking my mother, then I could potentially ruin the trust that we have built over the years. While shopping for stocking stuffers, my mom decided that we needed to get new toothpaste. That's when I got my next idea. At my house, we have a creamy-colored packet of wasabi powder. My siblings always use the white Colgate toothpaste when they get ready in the morning/for bed so I had to work in between that time frame.
I took the white wasabi powder and dumped it into a bowl where I could access it easily. I took a pinch of wasabi powder and put it in the toothpaste bottle, mixing it in with a toothpick. This process was repeated until half of the powder was gone from the bowl. Now, I just had to wait for the opportune moment. I set up a hidden camera in the bathroom right before my siblings came in to brush their teeth. I had also bought a bottle of Colgate toothpaste before hand so I could be brushing my teeth when they walked into the bathroom.
My siblings walked in and my sister grabbed the toothpaste before my brother could get some, smearing it across the top of her toothbrush. In order for this to play out perfectly, I had to keep a straight face. Winterbottom says "thinking about serious things will help you look serious and make it that much easier to fool people," (Winterbottom xii). My sister stuck the toothpaste in her mouth and immediately, her face scrunched up with disgust. Success!! Although I looked serious the whole time, she immediately knew that I was the culprit (it must have been my totally innocent facial expression XD). But, a success is a success and it was definitely amusing to see her very expressive reaction.
Have you ever done anything mischievous involving toothpaste??
Citation:
Winterbottom, Julie. Pranklopedia. New York: Workman, 2013. Print.
No comments:
Post a Comment