The fact that you are going to die at one point or another is inevitable. Once you understand this concept that is so small but so big, you begin to live your life in totally different ways. "Stop counting down days. Instead, count them up!" (Smith 31).
Once I came to understand this, I made changes to my life in different ways. Using Robert Smith's wise advice, I came to look at each day in a different perspective than I would normally do. Instead of trying to decide what I was going to do, I just did it. "No reserves. No retreats. No regrets" (Smith 23).
Knowing these small concepts that I had learned from the book, it allowed me to get more out of everyday. Over winter break, I accomplished more activities than I would have normally due to these concepts. Instead of sleeping in every morning, I made sure I was up every morning before 9 am. This small change added much more time into my day, allowing me to accomplish everything I needed and wanted to do. But I knew just this small change wouldn't allow me to fully live the days I have left to the best they could be lived.
Overall, these few words that stuck with me have made dramatic impacts on how I went about living my life. I now understand everyday I am alive is a blessing and I shouldn't take them for granted, but instead cherish each of these days as if it were my last.
My question to you: How are you living your life right this minute, and what can you change in order to get the most out of your life?
Citation:
Smith, Robert D. 20,000
Days and Counting: The Crash Course for Mastering Your Life Right Now.
Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2012. Print.
I have just recently started to try to jump at every good opportunity that has come to my attention. I know a guy who always says, "Its all about your perspective" which is a way of saying change your state of mind. This type of thinking can get people to live their lives in ways they would usually live, like you explained in the blog. This minute I am still living my life a little hesitantly, I need to try to live with no further regrets in my life.
ReplyDelete~TS
"The fact that you are going to die at one point or another is inevitable. Once you understand this concept that is so small but so big, you begin to live your life in totally different ways. "Stop counting down days. Instead, count them up!" (Smith 31). Hayden , I found this very true and very powerful because you are right . you never know when your time is up . I noticed that as I got older . You could pass as really good motivational speaker possibly if you didn't play basketball.
ReplyDelete