Changing up your everyday hairstyle can be difficult. It can be whether you aren’t bold enough to change it up, or that you just don’t know how to do certain hairstyles. For me, I had the problem of not knowing how to do certain types of hairstyles! That was until I found the book, “Hairstyles” by Klee Bond. This book has been more than helpful with teaching me the most general and complex hairstyles for all different types of hair.
The second hair style I decided to try today was the
waterfall braid for long hair. This is a pretty popular hairstyle for some
people. I always wondered how it was done, and attempted a couple of times, but
I was never able to have success. I realized I was complicating things when I read
the beginning step for this hairstyle. All I had to do was get together a small
section of hair by the hairline and then split it into three sections to start
(Bond 215). The hardest part for me before I read this was figuring out where
to start, but once I did that the rest was simple.
I continued this hair style by repeating the same technique that
the book gave me for each section of hair. The repetitive pattern was, “Drop
the left section your holding in your left hand, grab a piece of hair directly
behind the section you just dropped, and fold it over the center section” (Bond
216). Once I did this over and over again I got to the other side of her head
and then secured it with bobby pins (the only material needed for this
hairstyle). Because of this I was able to complete this complex looking yet
easy hairstyle.
This waterfall braid turned out a bigger success than I thought,
and I now am able to change up my everyday boring styling for my hair, thanks
to “Hairstyles”! I will continue to use this helpful tool to change up my hair
and help other people with theirs! J
I had a lot of fun trying this and my last hairstyle on
someone else but myself, but hope to try it on myself soon. Do you prefer
practicing new fun hairstyles on yourself or other people?
Bond, Kylee. Hairstyles. N.p.: Member O Penguin Group (USA),
n.d. Print.
Hi Laura, I would like to say that I prefer trying new hairstyles on myself not others, having a fresh new hairstyle no matter how ridiculous or crazy it is, is always a great feeling. Hair styling is an art. the possibilities are limitless when it comes to long hair, despite the typical assumption that guys cant style there hair all different sorts of ways, I would disagree. For example with my hair, I can have atleast 5 traditional hairstyles, and then an endless amount of hairstyles that may not be as common.
ReplyDeleteHey Laura I loved reading your blog and seeing all the cool hairstyles you've tried! Personally I like trying new hair styles on other people (considering the fact that my hair is impossible to deal with) and I totally agree that it is super hard to find new hairstyles that are easy to do! I usually just switch between ponytail and just my regular hair because, well that's what's easiest! It would be awesome to try new things from time to time though! The braid looks really awesome you did a great job!
ReplyDelete