I never knew that to make the cucumber kimchi I had to use salt to coat the cucumbers, but I didn't use the regular salt I had to use sea salt. After salting it I had to wait an hour before I could so anything else (Song). After putting the salt with the cucumbers the amount of water did decrease.
The type of cucumbers really effect how the out come of the dish would be. There is a specific type of cucumber that is supposed to be used when making this "Traditional British cucumbers are not the best choice for this recipe- large smoothed gherkins or ridge cucumbers are better. They have a firmer texture, with less watery flesh and are used for all types of pickles..." (Song) This makes a lot of sense because traditional British cucumbers are very juicy and soft. However when you eat these at a Korean BBQ restaurants they are very crunchy. This was really fun to make and taste delicious, I dare those of your guys who haven't tried this before to go out and make it!
What are some dishes you guys have made and what are some tips that you learn to make the dish taste better?
Citation: Song, Young Jin. The Food & Cooking of Korea. London: Lorenz, 2007. Print.


No comments:
Post a Comment