Hardly do I get the chance to draw my friends but I suppose that's because I rarely ask. After laying down the central idea of perspective from my last post, I'm starting a new chapter of creating the actual volume of a picture that makes the shapes pop out even more. Previously I talked about how the human anatomy can be looked at as compiled up shapes which is essential in getting the groundwork down for a picture. Probably the hardest task for this particular drawing was actually looking down on such perspective and imagining the volume. "You may find it difficult to spot the changed center of gravity if the swing of the pose is directly toward or away from you" (Raynes 32).
 |
| Sierra Foster, looking festive in her Santa sweater. |
 |
| Basic volume sketches I had to keep in mind while drawing. |
 |
| She wasn't sure what I mean by "pizzazz" so she just laid flat on the ground. |
Nonetheless I tried my best when achieving the task of creating volume in the picture. Even though I did not use as much shading as I would have liked to in order to give a more gradient effect of the image, the focus was at least providing myself a ground basic to build off of in order to complete the figure itself as stated in the guide. "Whenever we draw an outline we are making an invention; no lines actually exist around objects..." (Raynes 34). You are creating a series of shapes, lines, and colors when you have a sketch of a drawing, all together it is a rough draft of the final product one will eventually finalize. Essentially, an outline is used for almost everything like essays, inventions, plans, etc. and are a vital source of improvement and the best model we can create out of ourselves. As with my plan and beginning of setting the basics of volume, I know this will eventually build up the anatomy of the human body with more key elements to come which is part of learning and growing.
Right as 2015 ends a lot of people plan to make New Year resolutions for themselves.
So as 2016 approaches, what do you have plans of working on as far as setting a ground level for yourself?
If you string the first letter of every sentence from above it will reveal a message!
Citation:
Raynes, John, and Jody Raynes.
How to Draw the Human Figure: A Complete Guide. Bath: Parragon, 2000. Print.
Nice job! Its such a different style than how you usual draw, it's very good! I like how you added details like clothes wrinkling, as drawing can often be seen as flat, but you are doing very well! Mentioning volume was very good. Seeing the image as 3D.
ReplyDeleteWow you are very talented! That model you had was not the best though... I would choose someone more fab if you know what I mean. Good thing you beautiful drawing covered up her flaws. :) As far as your question, my resolution was that if I see something that needs to be done, it just do it. I wouldn't say that I am excelling at it but I'm doing alright. Any who your drawing are amazing and you are fab. :))
ReplyDelete