The first step in doing the sit up is "1. Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor, knees bent and your palms on your thighs. Keep your spine in neutral. Tighten our abdominal muscles (31)".
By focusing on my form I am insuring that I a doing the exercise correctly and getting the best and most out of my workout. The second step to this is "2. Start curling up by lifting your head and shoulder blades off the floor while reaching forward with your arms (31). " I can immediately feel the strain on my abdomen as I start to lift up.
"3. Curl up about 30 degrees off the floor. Then extend your arms and lift and lower yourself just a few inches up and down from this position. 4.Repeat several times, then lower yourself back down to the floor and relax (31). I can feel the burn in my abs by doing it correctly. I will continue to do this to strive and get my goal or a six pack.
Question: What is your workout goal for the year?
Citation: Rowe, Faye. Beach Body Basics. N.p.: Parragon, 2008. Print.
Great blog! This was helpful to see how to properly sit up. To answer your question, a goal I have this year is to race varsity for hurdles this track season and by that I will be running a lot.
ReplyDeleteCharles I completely agree! In order to be the best athlete possible, you need a strong core. Your core is what allows you to be stable and under control while performing powerful and quick movements. In order to maximize your output, you need to make sure your core is equally or even more strong than the rest of your body. Previously this past summer, I too needed to work on my core. I had always had strong abs but never truly understood that your core is made up of a lot more than just your abs. This is due to your core being your stabilizer muscles. They are all around your body in places such as your back, oblique's, and your abs as well. Having a strong core ultimately allows you to limit your injuries in your back as well as help limit injuries in sports as well. My workout goal for this year is to gain weight, not in fat but in muscle to better prepare me to be able to take hits from bigger opponents this next season.
ReplyDeleteHayden and more importantly, Charles, i agree that's why one of my biggest goals this year is to continue my ridiculously hard six pack. Also i want to cut down on body fat. From my personal experience from November 3rd to January 1st i cut down from 22% to 9 percent in body fat. That was a big goal of mine and with each percent clearly it only gets harder. My goal for 2016 is to get to 5 percent. The frame i need to fit into for the season is a 5'9" 160lb Shortstop with 5% body fat. That's the goal lets hope these situps can help build that six pack stronger. Thanks
ReplyDelete