Wednesday, January 20, 2016

LIving With Intensity



When people see other people who are successful, they often don't see their past experiences. But what they experienced isn't the only part that made them successful. It is how they went about every day with intensity and emotion, seeing the ultimate goal at the end of the road. Success.


In order to live with intensity, you must have a bond with what you are doing that is more than just a feeling. It has to be a love. "Intensity is a state of emotion. Intensity goes from the heart to the head. Intensity is enthusiasm. Intensity is passion. Intensity is being in love. You have to be emotionally connected to what you are doing in order to pursue it with intensity" (Smith 41). Going hard with intensity in everything you do wont ensure you success, but it will create you to go about your life with a successful mindset.


When I came to understand this, I began to look at my life from a different point of view. It allowed me to come to the realization that I wont be able to be the best that I can be if I don't put my all out on the line every time.


An example I would like to use is basketball. I have had a deep connection with basketball ever since I was young. Recently I have been letting my emotions get in the way with my love of basketball and it has been effecting my success on the basketball court. I was getting down on myself as well as angry due to actions that weren't even mine. After realizing this key factor, I have become more than just a better basketball player, but a better student and person as well.


Even though I am now giving my all to go about my daily activities with intensity, I must continue this mindset on a consistent basis. In order to make every day count, you must have commitment in order to follow through (Smith 41).

By trying to live my life with a great intensity, I am not only affecting myself but everyone around me. People always say "You are who you hang out with". By living with intensity, I am trying to spread this mindset with those who are close to me as well.




My Question To You: What are you doing in your life that you may be lacking intensity in? How can you change this in order to be successful?


Citation: Smith, Robert D. 20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course for Mastering Your Life Right Now. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2012. Print.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! To answer you're question, I've been lacking intensity in all of my schoolwork. Since Kindergarten, I've never really enjoyed school and have always associated it with stress, panic, and no relaxation at all. Personally, I can change things by setting a clear goal that I know will be attainable. That doesn't mean it will be easy, but if I prioritized things a little better, then I think I will have a smoother time in high school. But, an area where I know I'm not lacking any intensity is volleyball. Every practice I show up to work hard to potentially succeed in every game I play in. My motivation to win is strong, as well as my passion to play the game I love.

    ReplyDelete