The Boy Who Learned To Cook Part III
Today, I decided to cook stew for dinner. It was a very simple task and I believed it would be easy. I found a recipe that looked good- although I am definitely a poor judge of cooking character- so I attempted to make it. Once the ingredients were laid out before me, all I had to do was throw them in the crock pot and slow cook them for 6 hours. I learned later that those six hours do not require my presence.
It did turn out that I had to peel and cut the potatoes but that was the only manual labor I had to endure; everything else I opened and threw into the crock pot. After dumping it in, I left it to cook for 6 hours while I did more English homework.
When it was finished, my family was all at the table ready to eat. The soup looked good and it smelled good but... I had forgotten to put the spices in the stew and so it tasted really bland almost like hot water. My brother took the first bite of the stew and said, "is this a joke??" There was no flavor at all and my family had the time of their lives laughing at my soup... :(
Have you ever failed at something you thought was a simple task?
No comments:
Post a Comment