Saturday, January 23, 2016

CSS

"CSS is what makes a webpage look nice... it customizes the site"

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet. CSS allows you to change a tag and make it look however you want. For example, if I wanted the heading to be bigger and orange I can use CSS to change it. CSS allows the designer to get creative and make the page look the way they want it.



This is what CSS looks like and what It does to a web page and if I were to take out the CSS it would look completely different. There would be no background and the text would even look different.

Without CSS




Boring Right well that is the power of CSS. My book says that CSS has revolutionized web programming. CSS also works in partner with HTML it is just in the head of the code and not the body like HTML.

Question

Would you prefer a site with or without CSS?



Citation
Hart-Davis, Guy. HTML. Emeryville, CA: McGraw-Hill/Osborne, 2005. Print.

1 comment:

  1. I would highly prefer a website with CSS. Personally throughout my programming time, I find that if you have an option to use a enhancement to a program or website, use it!

    ReplyDelete