| My little sister posing on a stool, she's putting all her weight on it so I have to keep in mind to make sure it doesn't look like she's floating! |
| Drawn with charcoal, the end result of drawing my little sister. |
| The red line is a guide to help me remember the form of the pose and keeping the proportions in line. |
![]() |
| Here is the original picture I was using as a reference. |
I have learned that it's super important to establish a sort of center of line when positioning someone because it allowed me to dictate what proportions of the body will look like in terms of bending. Also by identifying the form and pose of the figure it will give the effect of contact or gravity that brings the picture to life even more. "Above all, try to reveal in your drawing all the evidence of the pull of gravity that you can identify" (Raynes 62). By identifying the stress (basic components of weight and gravity) it will give the drawing more of a realism feel, no matter the style one chooses.
Hopefully the next lesson I will do will focus more on the tension of the limbs and muscles as that will also influence the realism in my drawings.
What are some basic skills you have learned that have definitely let you see the "bigger picture"?
Citation:

No comments:
Post a Comment