| In this photo I am very angry |
| In this photo I am hiding from an angry looking person |
Being a safe on the road isn't always in your complete control. Sometimes other cars on the road can greatly impact your driving experience. Your emotions can also greatly impact how you drive. "Emotions can affect your ability to drive safely. You may not be able to drive well if you are overly worried, excited, afraid, angry, or depressed" (5-10). Knowing my emotions can affect how safe I am when I drive, I want to try taking the books advice in order to be much safer on the road. "If you are angry or excited, give yourself time to cool off. If necessary, take a short walk, but stay off the road until you have calmed down" (5-10). As I was driving and I noticed I became upset or angry I started to drive slightly faster and had less control of the car. As I noticed this I decided to listen to the book and stop the car and get out to take a walk. This helped me calm down drastically and I was able to take a breathe and control myself. Overall I think that everyone should take these steps to avoid trouble or injury while driving and if they do not work try other strategies to calm down. Sometimes you aren't always the angry one on the road. "When you see other drivers around you acting or reacting in anger, distance yourself for the situation, physically and mentally. Don't make eye contact. Body movements and gestures can provoke an angry response from another driver. Slow down, move over, or do whatever you safely can, to put yourself out of danger" (5-11). I saw this very angry person in the car next to me so I decided to hide and get out of their eyesight. I think this strategy worked effectively for me to stay out of danger. I was able to easily stay away from this psycho and get out of the situation healthy.
Do you ever get emotional when driving (angry, sad, happy, etc.)?
Source: Department of Licensing: Washington Driver Guide
Hi Ryan!
ReplyDeleteWhen I drive I get really nervous/scared. Mostly it's because of whoever else is in the car with me. It makes me really nervous when my parents are in the car with me, especially my dad. My dad has made it a habit to yell at me or scream when I'm driving. The loud noises he makes usually scare me and I end up swerving towards the curb. Other cars and turning left scare me. There have been multiple times in the last few months where I have come close to having head on collisions because I turned into the wrong lane or almost hit a car head on in my neighborhood. I noticed from your pictures and your post that you tend to get angry while you're driving. Something that helps me when I get angry is to take a few deep breaths and listen to calming music. This always helps calm me down and get me focused again.
Hey Ryan I just wanted to say your posts are really funny. I always get a good laugh out of them! To answer your question, I still can't drive, but I'll probably feel emotional and awkward compared to other drivers, especially when it comes to right of way and who goes first and stuff like that. And the anxiety that comes when you hear someone honk their horn and you feel guilty that maybe you caused that person to air their frustration. Maybe it's just me, but driving sounds like it would be a very stressful experience.
ReplyDeleteHey Ryan I just wanted to say your posts are really funny. I always get a good laugh out of them! To answer your question, I still can't drive, but I'll probably feel emotional and awkward compared to other drivers, especially when it comes to right of way and who goes first and stuff like that. And the anxiety that comes when you hear someone honk their horn and you feel guilty that maybe you caused that person to air their frustration. Maybe it's just me, but driving sounds like it would be a very stressful experience.
ReplyDeleteYour posts are hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI still can't drive and I'm too scared to. As for your question, I'll for sure get super emotional while driving. Even as a passenger in the car I get super mad when someone does something they aren't supposed to do. Like, really are you trying to kill someone here. But honestly all I would do is roll my eyes and forget about it. To me, I'm not looking forward to driving.