A few nights ago, I got tasked with preparing dinner.
Thankfully, it wasn’t going to be too difficult, just some things we’d gotten
at the store, but it ended up reminding me as I got everything ready to begin,
of a line from Eating for Life, where
it’s talking about what could be called a ‘golden rule’ or the moral of the
chapter it acts as the conclusion for. “What it really all boils down to is
this: When you eat the right foods, in the right amounts, in the right
combos, at the right times, you
simply cannot go wrong” (Phillips 44). I tried to keep this in mind as I
worked, but I already had a relatively strict outline for what I’d be doing. I
figured it’d work out, though.
It seemed to end well, my parents liked it, and I thought it
turned out alright, and my approximate system of distribution seemed to work
rather well, which made me happy. Do you ever find yourself taking shortcuts
that end up being more beneficial than precise measurement/calculations?
Citation:
Phillips, Bill. Eating for Life. Golden, CO: High Point Media, 2003. Print.
No comments:
Post a Comment