Basketball is a sport that is played between two teams of five players in which goals are scored by throwing a ball through a netted hoop fixed above each end of the court. First of all I love the sport, well watching it. I really wanted to be the best on the court. To achieve that I decided that I should improve my skills in basketball. I’m looking forward to learning a wide verity of skills to improve myself on the court.
I rarely play basketball, but when I do I’m not the best one
on the team. Now, I’m not a baller or
anything but I do play with friends sometimes. And every time I play I usually
stay in the key because I can’t shoot in traffic. So I mostly stick to
rebounding and passing. On the other hand I always wanted to be the best on the
court. In order to do that I need to start outside of the key.
So my current focus is to work on my ability to shoot
threes. Three-Point shots take a lot of accuracy to achieve. However I’m not good
at being accurate. So the first thing I need to do is perfect my form for
accuracy. I need to have the ball in my dominate hand tilted back. And my other
had supporting the ball to keep it steady. As Leboutillier suggests: “Keep your
shooting hand behind the ball and your wrist in a cocked position. Use your
other hand to keep the ball steady” (Leboutillier 14). Understanding this is
important because if you don’t have the correct form then the ball will not make
it through the bucket and I will miss the opportunity to score. Having the correct
form will allow me to be accurate and score threes. It’s much harder than it
sounds! Indeed getting the perfect from will take a lot of practice.
Another important thing is actually shooting it. According
to Leboutillier I need to bend my kneens, jump, release and follow through
(Leboutillier 14). Bending my knees will allow me to get the maximum jump
possible. In addition releasing at a high point will decrease the chance of me
getting blocked. “Bend your knees and then jump as high as possible. Release
the ball at the highest point of your jump. Snap your shooting wrist on the
release, and be sure to follow through” (Leboutillier 14). Finally after a lot
of hard work I’ll be a little better outside the key.
Additionally whenever I read or watch something that’s
related to basketball, I wonder who the best basketball player is. Since I
always loved the Knicks, I think the best basketball player is Carmelo Anthony.
Melo is a great 3 point shooter and he inspired me to improve my skills in
basketball. So my question for you is who is the best basketball player that
inspires you?
Citation: Leboutillier, Nate. Play Basketball Like A Pro Key Skills And Tips. N.p.: Capstone, n.d. Print. Play Like The Pros.
Citation: Leboutillier, Nate. Play Basketball Like A Pro Key Skills And Tips. N.p.: Capstone, n.d. Print. Play Like The Pros.


Great tips, Parmdeep. I love how you explained your situation in basketball, and how you liked playing but wasn't always the best on the court. I personally have a passion for basketball and when I play I will definitely use these tips to help my game! To add on, hopefully these tips will bring me to the NBA so I can shoot over LeBron James and be like Kobe.
ReplyDeleteMr. Shallow, your post has helped inspire and bring out the inner baller in me. The tips that you explained in the post have really helped me in developing an outside shot. Whereas, you think that Carmelo is the best player, I beg to differ that Lebron James is the best player, because of his ability to do everything on the court.
ReplyDeleteThe best basketball player that inspires me is Magic Johnson. Magic is the best because of how unselfish he is on the court and how he played all over the court. He has 4 rings 3 MVP's and could've had more if he didn't retire at the age of 30. He retired because he had gotten AIDS. This inspired me because his foundation is a big reason for the awareness of AIDS.
ReplyDeleteThe basketball player that inspires me the most has to be the GOAT himself MJ. I'm not too big into watching professional basketball but I do know what I'm talking about every now and then. Some might say Steph is a goat but he is nothing compared to Michael Jordan. Sure he got a ring last season but that doesn't mean TOO much. MJ also brought us retros which changed the world.
ReplyDeleteParm,
ReplyDeletei loved this article and it had some great tips and pointers that i would love to try and incorporate with some of the higher functioning special chargers for Unify! i know a lot of them have a hard time picking up some of the technique when shooting a three point shot so thank you!
For me personally i love Micheal Jordan and how he came to be one of the best and well known Basketball players, he inspires me because his sophomore year of high school he was actually cut from the basketball team, but look where he is now! he persevered and kept practing and for that he will always be a role model of mine!
I love your blog and cant wait to read your other ones!
-McKenzie Ford
Dang! I am a white boy and I can't play basketball for crap! Every time I play with someone I usually loose. Now that I know how to shoot threes, and learned some of your tips, I can actually stand a chance!
ReplyDelete