When you go snowboarding or skiing you have to really be well rounded so that you can be successful in different areas of the sport. Like when you go down a big wide opened groomed run you can do things that you wouldn't be able to do when you are riding down a trail or even off trail. this is because there are different challenges that go along with each type riding. For example when you are riding on a trail you don't have to worry about other skiers/snowboarders but you do have to worry about turning quickly and sharply so that you don't run into a tree and get hurt. Some things that you have to worry about is the weather because the weather controls how the sow is going to be, how visibility is going to be and how you are going dress. when you are riding in a resort there is going to be a lot of variety in the snow conditions. In the park or popular runs the snow is almost always well groomed and packed down but on some runs there is chunky or chopped up snow where you would have to learn to successfully navigate ruts and bumps.(85) Doing this was a real problem because I found that I wasnt able to turn fast enough to be successful on this type of snow so I started doing something where I would mix riding normally switch and on my heals so that I could make it down these steeper less well kept runs while also keeping some kind of speed so that I wouldn't get left behind and i wouldn't get stuck.
One thing that I struggle with is that I always have trouble in deep powder. I find that I slow down so much that I fall down and then it is so much more work to get up than it would normally be because I have to push my hand down through like a foot and a half of snow to push my self up and then i end up sinking through the snow in the book it says to counteract that you are supposed to "Try leaning back and putting more weight on your back foot." so next time I will have to try that
What is one part of a hobby that you more trouble with than with any other part of the activity?
No comments:
Post a Comment