I have been working out for a couple of months now and I feel that
I have built enough strength to take my training to the next level. I will do this by improving
my form on my workouts and my strength . I used to workout with bands and machines until
last month when I decided I was strong enough to move on to
harder training with free weights(plates) and dumbbells. The workout I
decided to improve my form on is the bench press. The bench press is an important upper-body
exercise that works out your chest, shoulder and triceps.
The first part to
bench pressing is too set your feet flat on the floor in front of you and too
dig your traps into the bench (Kroczaleski 10).
The next important part is the
bar path "tuck your elbows in toward your sides as you lower the bar;
aiming for a point just below your nipple line when the bar is touching your
chest" (Kroczaleski 11)
The first time I benched it didn't turn out so well, my bar path was all over the place. I would touch it below my chest sometimes even dropping it on my chest and quickly bringing it up thinking I was correctly doing it. But after trying it for a while I had finally gotten the hang of it.
Question: When have you persevered to become better at something?
Citation: Kroczaleski, Matt. Insane Training. First ed. New York: Libary of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data, 2014. Print.


I like your post and how you are dedicated to getting stronger and better. I have persevered to getting stronger also, but by doing workouts like bench pressing, hang clean, and squat. But at night, before bed I do push-ups and sit-ups.
ReplyDeleteNice post Ish. I have benched before but I prefer doing more private work outs like sit ups and push ups. To answer your question I persevered to become better at cross country last year by running in the summer before the season started. It didn't help I guess because I sucked anyways. Good post and keep working hard man!
ReplyDeleteVery nice post Isher. I really liked how you told the story of you failing first but getting it right at the end. I think I have persevered when playing basketball because when i began i couldn't even make a lay up and i would shoot a three and the ball wouldn't even touch the hoop. But i persevered and kept practicing to get better and better and now i cant seem to miss a three. Your short story inspires me!
ReplyDelete