First I gathered all the materials that are in the picture below:
(also glitter powder and glue that weren't included in the picture)
To start the card, I folded the paper in hamburger style and then unfolded it to create a line in the center. Next I drew a circle using the compass in the middle of the paper. Make sure not to make the circle too big (the radius=1.5 in). After I kind of got the shape of it, I shortened the lengths between the circumference and the center to create an oval shape because it will look more like the boat and it won't pop out of the card once I push the oval out like a pop-up card. Next, I marked some horizontal lines from top to bottom, then cut along them after I was done. I had to be sure to cut along the curve on the top and bottom of the circle, ensuring that I left a section uncut at each end (Trish Phillips & Ann Montanaro). Then, I used the embossing tool to trace around the shape.
Next, I flipped the paper around and gently pushed at each end of the horizontal cuts.
This is the end of the tutorial but I wanted to add decorate it, so it looked more like Burj Al Arab.
I added a blue piece of paper in the background as the sky. Then I drew some strokes to create the fireworks look. I also added some glue in the center of the fireworks and at the bottom of the pop-up part. Last, I sprinkled glitter on top.
The end product looked something like this!
Citation:Phillips, Trish and Ann Montanaro. Making Pop-Ups & Novelty Cards. Leicestershire: Lorenz Books, 2011. Print.
No comments:
Post a Comment