The exercise today is going to be working on thighs and abductor muscles. Rowe writes that, "This side-lying exercise works the abductor muscles at the side of the thighs. Remember to keep your back straight, your hips facing forward, and to breathe regularly throughout. Make sure you perform each move slowly and in a controlled way to really work the muscles. You don't have to tense your buttocks as you do this, but it's good to work your gluteal whenever you can" (61). Once again the goal is to each one correctly to maximize your workout and to get the best results. the faster you do this will probably lead to a lack of technique and a loss of a opportunity to improve.
The first step is "1. Lie on your right side with your body in a straight line and your thighs and feet together. Prop yourself up with your right arm and rest your left hand on the floor in front of you. Tighten your stomach muscles by drawing your navel in toward your spine-this will help you protect your back" (61). The first is crucial because if your technique is bad now, then it will lead to a bad workout and not good results.
The second step is "2. Bend both knees. Lift your top leg, then lower it, squeezing your buttocks together as your raise and lower your leg" (61). and step 3 "3. Do all your repetitions on one side, then repeat on the other side of your body" (61).
By continuing these series of exercises I am only making my self one step closer to my fitness goal. Question: What are you doing to keep and maintain on your fitness goal or regular goal for the year.
Citation: Rowe, Faye. Beach Body Basics. N.p.: Parragon, 2008. Print.
Nice post, Charlie! I have recently begun to be interested in fitness and this post gave me an idea of what I could do to remain healthy, and enjoy the shape of my body. However, I have one question, what is your goal? During the first paragraph of this post you talked repeatedly about your goal. What is it? I would like to hear. Anyways, I enjoyed this post.
ReplyDeleteAmazing blog Charles, i want to clarify that I'm super lazy, but i have gotten into exercising to keep myself healthy. So to answer your question I usually go play basketball and football outsides with my friends, which helps me maintain my fitness goal. The blog had some great tips that i can use to maintain my health.
ReplyDeleteVery nice! I'm pretty lazy and I need this to keep myself in at least a little bit of shape. This blog gave me an easy way to do it.
ReplyDelete