Thursday, January 14, 2016

Shampoo Struggles

Every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, my sister goes to gymnastic practice and always needs to take a shower right when she gets home. But being the obnoxious 10 year old she is, my sister always forgets how many times she's washed her hair and ends up washing her hair at least 3 times per shower. As minor as that sounds, I always end up with no shampoo left, thus inspiring this classic prank.

I gathered my materials before I started; the shampoo bottle and the plastic wrap. Then, I "carefully cut a small piece of plastic wrap, just a little bigger than the opening..," (Winterbottom 135). Cautiously, I placed the small square of plastic wrap over the top of the bottle and wrapped the excess around the sides of the hole.This ensures that when I place the cap onto the bottle, the plastic wrap won't show on the outsides of the bottle, potentially alerting my victim of the practical joke.

Before I put the shampoo bottle back where I found it, it was necessary to test the prank by gently trying to squeeze out shampoo to ensure how secure the plastic wrap was (Winterbottom 135). Success! No shampoo dripped out when doing a test run, revealing that it was time to put my prank to the test.
...................................................................................................................................................................

MY SISTER WAS NOT HAPPY XD. She was so confused on why the shampoo wouldn't come out that she stormed downstairs to complain about the shampoo after she finished her shower. But, this was also the perfect opportunity to test my "clean up" skills. Quickly while she was downstairs, I took off the plastic wrap and threw the trash away, completely taking away any evidence of my practical joke. When my parents tested out the bottle and showed my sister that the shampoo was coming out, she was livid but thankfully, didn't suspect a thing. :) 


Have you ever gotten caught while pulling a practical joke?

Citation:
Winterbottom, Julie. Pranklopedia. New York: Workman, 2013. Print.

2 comments:

  1. This is honestly such a great prank and I'm very impressed that you cleaned it up so your parents thought it was normal. I have pulled off some good practical jokes but never at that level of skill. Did you ever tell your sister or parents that you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reeghan I'm really happy you're blogging about pranks because they're very humorous and entertaining! Answering your question, I have been caught quite a few times while pulling a practical joke. I think the first time I got caught was when I was about 6 I tried pulling the classic "saran wrap over a door" on my mom before she got home. I saw the prank on AFHV and decided to try it on my own! However what I didn't expect was her coming home early that day and I had to clean everything up... But hey you learn from your mistakes and make changes like planning ahead before doing a prank! That's what is most important to get from after a failed prank haha.

    ReplyDelete