Whether you're running late and need a quick and simple style, or you're looking for an elegant up do the fishtail braid I'm sure will impress you. The fishtail is a fast way to get your hair out of your face and has a very beachy vibe to it, making it perfect for a hot summer day (Conrad 194). The Lauren Conrad Beauty book explains step by step how to achieve this look. Today I will show you how convenient and simple the fishtail really is.
When braiding your hair, it is important that you brush out any knots you may have to make sure your hair is smooth and easy to work with. The first step to creating a fishtail is to, "Divide your hair into two sections, right down the center of your head." (Conrad 198). After I divided my hair into two sections I pulled them to the side so I would be able to see what I was doing. The next direction was to, "Hold the left section in your hand and take a small piece from the far outside of the right section, crossing it over to the inside of the left section... repeat the process for the opposite side" (Conrad198). In the second picture you tell I grabbed a small section from the left side and pulled it to the far right side. Once I ran out of hair and completed the braid I secured it with a black elastic. The book recommended loosening the braid with your hands by tugging the on the sides a little bit so it has some messy parts to it (Conrad 198). This quick and gorgeous hairstyle only took my around 3-4 minutes to achieve. It's simple and anyone can pull it off.
In conclusion, you can style the fishtail however; it can be a sweet and simple look, yet if loosened is totally edgy. The fishtail works on most hair types excluding super curly hair. Creating this look is very easy and not time consuming at all; next time you're in a rush maybe give this quick braid a try.
Question: Do prefer the look of the braid, or you hair after you take it out of the braid? Why?
Citation: Conrad, Lauren, and Elise Loehnen. Lauren Conrad Beauty. New York: HarperCollins, 2012. Print.





Alyssa this is so cool! I am focusing my blogs around hairstyles for this project, and I'm going to try this out as well! Thanks for the inspiration:) I've used different techniques of braiding, but not this one yet, and I'm getting a lot better at it! Your fishtail braid looks really cool and it looks like you worked really hard on it, which is always great. Thanks for the inspiration gorgeous!
ReplyDelete