Monday, January 11, 2016

Sensory overload

When we think of getting high, we visualize illegal drugs at parties and such, but there are other things that will get you high. I present the book, Get High Now *Without Drugs.

My first test is an audio, visual, and physical test. This is sensory overload experience. The "victim" in this situation, will lie down on the floor on their back. There are headphones on them, and they are watching a video with very loud audio. This can either be from Gethighnow.com or YouTube, just as long as it states that it is an audio and visual overload.

There will be four or more others, poking the victims knees and legs unpredictably with forks, while someone else walks around and calls out the victim's name. One other person will be holding smelling salts, or in our case, Ammonia, close to the victim's nose.


Sensory overload is supposed to feel how Autism feels. Sensitive to many things, Very intense and highly annoying. When the victim's senses are all being used, it can lead to a malfunction in the brain.


Solomon, who volunteered to be the subject of this, described this as a weird feeling. Though he was lying on the floor, he felt as though he was walking.

"Sensory overload occurs when one or more of the body's senses experiences over-stimulation from the environment. There are many environmental elements that impact an individual. Examples of these elements are urbanization, crowding, noise, mass media, technology, and the explosive growth of information."

In this case, the brain was taking in too much information at once with multiple things affecting it.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Indigo,
    Your interesting label "get high" caught my attention. I found it very interesting that you can get high without using illegal drugs. Do you think it's as intense of a high as using drugs or no? Great post and very informational. It gave me an insight on what autistic people go through everyday.
    Thanks,
    Alyssa Oord

    ReplyDelete
  3. The topic you chose for this project is really interesting. I like how you explained things in your post. I was a little suspicious at first that it had something to do with drugs as it said "Get High." But now I know it isn't and I think it's really interesting.

    ReplyDelete